In the water treatment industry, words such as sintered activated carbon, compressed activated carbon, extruded activated carbon, CTO, and net charcoal are often mentioned or used, but many people do not really understand them.
Sintered activated carbon, compressed activated carbon and extruded activated carbon are named after their production process characteristics. CTO and net charcoal are words that are known for their final shape.
Although they have the same shape, the internal quality and production process are very different.
Sintered activated carbon: It is made by mixing activated carbon powder material and polymer hot-melting pore-forming material, pouring into special mold and sintering at 200-300 °C; since this polymer bonding material can be formed in the sintering process Open microporous, mixed with activated carbon, maintains the characteristics of large specific surface area of activated carbon powder, excellent pore formation, better filtration effect, and more complete contact with liquid; due to its complicated processing technology, limited production capacity.
Compressed activated carbon: mixed with activated carbon powder material and inorganic liquid binder, poured into special mold, compressed by high pressure compression molding, and dried after being discharged; this process has high content of activated carbon and good filtering effect, but inorganic bonding When the material is added with high pressure molding, the filter element aperture is difficult to control, and the filter element pressure drop is too large, which affects the use.
Extrusion activated carbon: It is a mixture of activated carbon and ordinary hot-melt resin, and then placed in a screw extruder for heating and extrusion molding. In the production process, the surface of the activated carbon is melted by the hot melt resin at a high temperature, and the activated carbon micropores are blocked, the adsorption effect is lost, the production cost is low, and the output is high. In fact, it is a decoration, it has no effect.
CTO (which is acronym for chlorine, taste, odor, ie: chlorine, taste and odor), mesh carbon, extruded activated carbon, sintered activated carbon, and compressed activated carbon are broadly described as the rod-shaped form of activated carbon, which can be collectively referred to as shaped activated carbon.
At present, the use of sintered activated carbon filter in the water treatment industry is getting more and more attention. The main reasons are as follows: 1. The activated carbon is adsorbed and intercepted in one body, which not only has the adsorption property of activated carbon but also has dense voids, which can effectively intercept. Large particles of impurities, effectively reduce the physical pollution of water quality; Second, the pore size can be arbitrarily adjusted, the minimum can reach 0.2 microns, better than the so-called large-flux hollow ultrafiltration membrane on the market; Third, the outflow of black water is less than granular activated carbon, After the black powder in the first carbon rod is washed out, there will be no black water in the future, and it will not be desorbed after adsorption due to the scouring of the water flow, resulting in secondary pollution. Fourth, activated carbon below 80 mesh. Powder processing, large specific surface area, so that the performance of activated carbon can be fully utilized.
Sintered activated carbon is a kind of shaped activated carbon that has the above functions. Since everyone mixes sintered activated carbon and extruded activated carbon, many manufacturers avoid the confusion of some. Some of the sintered activated carbon is called charcoal, and some are called black magic activated carbon rods.
Sintered activated carbon technology can develop a composite filter element which uses activated carbon as the main body and a mixture of various ultrafine filter materials because of its special molding process. The product has special filter elements for decolorization and deodorization, organic matter removal and softening of water; special metal removal filter for removing heavy metals such as aluminum, mercury, manganese and arsenic in water, special defluorination filter for high-fluorine water area; Special mineralized filter element for adding trace elements and minerals to soft water; inhibiting bacterial growth and adding antibacterial filter for antibacterial materials.
Sintered activated carbon filter has obvious effect of filtering impurities due to its twisted cage micro-aperture channel. Due to the accumulation of impurities, the filter element is easy to block and the water flow will become smaller. In order to extend the filter use time and reduce the blockage, the activated carbon filter should be sintered. Pre-treatment pre-filter filter with better effect, such as: 1um pp filter.
Sintered activated carbon filter has similar shape and low-end extrusion shape. There are two main methods: 1. Hydrophilic experiment, the activated carbon is hydrophilic, drop a drop of water, immediately infiltrate into the filter, and squeeze the activated carbon Will always float on the filter; Second, the water that flows out when the sintered activated carbon filter just passes through the water is hot, and this will not occur in the extruded activated carbon filter.
Sintered activated carbon filter experiment:
1. Coke (ink) experiment: The experimental filter element is erected on the prepared white paper, and the cola is directly poured into the middle hole of the experimental filter element. Later, the outer wall of the filter element evenly oozes clear water drops, and the sweet taste of cola is obviously weakened. Ordinary filter cartridges do not have this advantage.
2. Bleaching water (bleaching liquid) experiment: Take one large glass (500 ml), top up the water, add 2-4 drops of bleach (bleaching solution), stir, pour the mixture into a small cup to a disposable Put the experimental filter into another large glass, then pour the mixture in the large glass into the inner hole of the experimental filter. Later, the outer wall of the filter evenly oozes clear water beads, and the large filter of the experimental filter After the liquid is enough (1 cm high from the bottom of the cup), take out the experimental filter element. At this time, take out the residual chlorine test solution and drop 2-3 drops into the effluent water and the original reserved mixture, respectively, and the exudation can be found. The color in the liquid remains clear and the color immediately turns yellow in the mixture. The sintered activated carbon filter has the advantages of superior removal of residual chlorine and its derivatives.
Sintered activated carbon due to special sintering process, low productivity, large mold input, strict material selection (material particle size should be less than 80 mesh), its product cost is higher than ordinary filter core, but its superior product performance, unique vision of the industry elite I have been using this high-end product for a long time. With the constant regulation of the industry, inferior filter materials that are rampant for price competition must be abandoned, and sintered activated carbon filter cartridges will become an essential accessory for the water purification industry.
Related Industry Knowledge
- The replacement is very fast
- It is best to change regularly at the same time
- Extend the service life of shower faucets and s...
- Effectively prevent the hose from entangling an...
- Strong anti-scale and anti-fouling ability
- Greatly improves the safety and comfort of the ...
- How to use can improve life
- Meet people's special use requirements
- Reducing the trouble of replacing the faucet an...
- Essential household appliances for modern famil...
- Basic terms and names of clean water
- The difference between ultrafiltration, nanofil...
- How to identify the advantages and disadvantage...
- graphic expression for instant boiling water ta...
- Shortcomings of the tradional instant hot water...
- KETTLE VS INSTANT HOT WATER BOILER